Make sure your baby travels in a child restraint at all times in a vehicle. Provide a safe sleeping environment for your baby – this includes taking precautions to reduce the risk of sudden unexpected death in infancy (SUDI), which includes SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) and fatal sleep accidents.
Why is child safety so important?
Accidents are the leading cause of death for children. 1 Most of these deaths could easily be prevented, so it is, therefore, important to keep your child’s safety in mind at all times. … Remember that the more chances you take, the more likely your child is to be injured or killed in an accident.
How do I keep my baby safe?
Do not leave your baby alone on changing tables, beds, sofas, or chairs. Put your baby in a safe place such as a crib or playpen when you cannot hold him. Your baby may be able to crawl as early as 6 months. Use gates on stairways and close doors to keep your baby out of rooms where he or she might get hurt.
Why is safety important in early childhood?
Early childhood programs keep children safe when their facilities, materials, and equipment are hazard-free and all staff use safety practices, such as active supervision. Find resources to help staff and families reduce the number and severity of childhood injuries everywhere that children learn and grow.
What are the five safety rules?
Basic Safety Rules
- STAY ALERT – and stay alive. …
- WEAR THE RIGHT CLOTHES – work clothes should fit properly. …
- USE THE RIGHT TOOLS – if you need a hammer, get a hammer. …
- LEARN HOW TO LIFT – Lifting takes more than muscle; it is an art.
Is my home safe for a baby?
Your Childproofed Home
Set the temperature of your hot water heater to 120 degrees F. Install smoke detectors on every level of your home and near bedrooms. Install carbon monoxide detectors near sleeping areas in your homes if you use gas or oil heat or have an attached garage. Install covers on electrical outlets.
Is having a baby at home safe?
What are the possible risks of a planned home birth? While most pregnant women who choose to have planned home births deliver without complications, research suggests that planned home births are associated with a higher risk of infant death and seizures than are planned hospital births.
At what age is bed sharing safe?
Experts recommend that infants sleep in their parents’ room without bed-sharing until their first birthday. If parents prefer to move the baby to another bedroom, it’s best to wait until the child is at least 6 months old.
How do you explain safety to a child?
Start with these tips.
- Say it early, often, and very clearly.
- Talk about uncomfortable feelings.
- Talk about “tricky people.”
- Be specific.
- Make kids the “boss” of their body.
- Give simple steps for scary situations.
- Talk about online stranger safety.
What are the 10 safety rules?
Top Ten Workplace Safety Tips
- Reduce Workplace Stress. …
- Use Tools and Machines Properly. …
- Use Mechanical Aids When Possible. …
- Wear Protective Equipment. …
- Stay Sober. …
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings. …
- Correct Posture Protects Your Back. …
- Be Alert and Awake.